Basin Sports has been operating in the outdoor recreation industry since 1958. It’s Bike Shop, True Wheels Bikes opened its doors soon after Killington started offering Lift-Served Mountain Biking in the ’90s. Since then it’s blossomed into a Killington staple in the community.
Basin Sports is hiring for a Full Time Bike Mechanic for its summer season. The ideal person should be technologically inclined and able to transition into the winter season where they’d be tuning and mounting skis. Ideally, this person has 2-3 years’ experience in the Bike Industry, specifically working on Mountain and Downhill Bikes. The ideal person is friendly and passionate about cycling with in-depth knowledge about the latest technologies in the industry.
Job Responsibilities Include:
- Demonstrate a professional level of customer service over the phone and to walk in customers
- Inspect Bikes and provide detailed on the spot analysis of potential repairs and their costs.
- Repair bikes efficiently and accurately.
- Service bikes (bleed brakes, service suspension & dropper posts, adjust drivetrain)
- Adjust and set up rental bikes for daily users
- Check-in and Check-out rental bikes, and be able to accurately assess wear and tear after use.
- Work the cash register easily (must be computer literate)
- Move outside the service area and sell bikes on the salesfloor as well as clothing and protection.
- Work independently and with other mechanics
- Communicate effectively to management regarding store operations
- 2-3 Years’ Experience as a Bike Mechanic
- Ability to build all levels of bikes from the box up.
- Ability to stand and move for long periods of time.
- Ability communicate with coworkers and management
- Previous experience with various bike components, service tools, and machinery.
- Must be able to service brakes, suspension, and droppers
- Basic Computer Skis
- Ability to work a flexible schedule.
- Must be able to work weekends.