Basin Sports is a year round ski, snowboard and bike shop located in Killington, Vermont. Founded in 1958 Basin Sports has held a powerful presence in the ski, bike and snowboard industry and within the Killington Community. Since its founding Basin has grown over the years, and more recently seen an increase in ecommerce sales through its website. With growth comes more responsibility and thus we’re hiring!
If you love to ski, snowboard, bike and find that you’re handy with a computer well keep reading. We are in need of someone whose an adventure seeker, adrenaline junkie and outdoor geek. Someone who knows their way around a computer and can complete sometimes mundane tasks. This position has great perks if you’re an adventure seeker, but requires some skill sets too.
The nuts and bolts of this position are this. We need someone to assist in the operation and functions of an ecommerce site. We’re small by comparison to other online retailers and thus need someone who can take on multiple roles and keep the wheels spinning.
If this sounds like you, email us your resume as well as an answer to one of the following.
- What’s the difference between Gore-Tex and DryTech?
- What year did Powdr Co Purchase Killington?
- What popular Mountain Bike did Santa Cruz recently “re-design” and make into a newer version?
Some of the responsibilities with this role:
- Gathering product data and imagery for upcoming season products
- Re-writing and Copywriting product descriptions for the online store
- Editing, Uploading, bug checking product on the back end of the site
- Processing online orders
- Boxing and shipping orders
- Authorizing and processing returns
- Speaking with online customers via email or over the phone regarding product on our online store
- Uploading, editing and selling product through 3rd party sites (Ebay, Amazon, Quivvers, Shopatron)
- Assisting the Ecommerce Supervisor in day-to-day operations
Requirements for the Job:
- Must be passionate about Skiing, Snowboarding or Biking
- Have an understanding of the ski and bike industry and some of the main brands associated with it.
- Technologically savvy. You don’t need to be a genius or a coder but you should be able to navigate around a webpage without issue.
- Familiarity with WordPress is encouraged but not required.
- Must be able to write creatively about things that aren’t exciting. I.e Product Descriptions
- Must be able to enter product data
- Should be able to work efficiently at a computer for long periods of time.
- Be able to lift 40Ibs or more
- Familiarity with boxing and shipping procedures
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org
We currently have a position open for salespeople with management potential, selling clothing, skis and the Freeride lifestyle. Social media skills, marketing and a strong back ground in sales are a must. Please email email@example.com for more information.