RIDING IN KILLINGTON SINCE 1998
We’ve been passionate about cycling since 1998. True Wheels Bike Shop was founded within Basin Ski, Ride & Bike as one of the original Killington bike stores. We’ve been building a community of cyclists in the Killington area ever since! Our shop is an active member of the Vermont Mountain Bike Association
and loves to be involved in our community through charities, demo days and other events. Simply our business revolves around our community.
Today, we are proud to be the “bike” in Basin Ski, Ride & Bike’s name. Our shop has continued to grow and we are able to service and work with you on your bike needs 7 days a week 365 days a year. Our staff LOVES bikes and we are always available to share our passion with you. In recent years, we have been able to be a major part of the growth in Killington’s biking scene. We are excited about the growth of Killington Resort’s trail system and continue to invest in our own communities trails. We have found ourselves in a unique position as a bike shop that is large enough to have the parts and bikes you need while still holding true to our community first roots.
True Wheels Bike Shop is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Located within Basin Ski, Ride & Bike we are able to offer the following services year round:
- Road, Mountain, Downhill & E-Bike service & repairs
- Road, Mountain & Downhill Rentals
- A fully stocked bike parts, accessories, clothing, helmets, and protection selection
- A staff that LOVES to ride and answer any questions you may have
True Wheels Bike Shop in Killington, Vermont has a top notch service center capable of building or repairing your road, mountain, or downhill bike. Our experienced team is able to assess and repair quickly most problems in a timely manor. We guarantee that your time with our service team will be helpful, simple and pressure free. We know how important it is to make sure your bike is taken care of correctly and take great pride in servicing all bikes that come to us in a world class manor.
OUR SERVICE PROMISE
We promise to always be up front with you about cost and time it will take to service your equipment. We are cyclists too and will treat you the way that we would want to be treated. We promise to work with you to solve your problem in a timely fashion and we promise that your experience working with us will be simple and as quick as possible.
Regular service of your bike will allow you to keep riding for years to come. We service all bikes, including kids sized bikes. We offer three tiers of service to fit your needs and budget. Our staff of experience mechanics is ready to help you and answer any questions that you may have. Give us a call at 802-422-3234 and ask for our bike team!
True Wheels mechanics hourly rate is $65 per hour.
Service work pricing is based on specific needs. The shop carries a variety of bike components which our mechanics can help you choose from in the instance where you need to replace parts on your bike. Parts will be charged in addition to the service fees.
Frequently requested services
Our team is comfortable and able to perform most bike repairs and services. Some of the frequent services our customer’s request are:
- Bike Boxing
- Wheel Build
- Wheel True
- Dropper Seat Post Service
- Rim Brake Adjustment
- Brake Bleed (includes fluid)
- Chain Install
- Tube and Tire Install
- Tubeless Tire Conversion
TRADE UP PROGRAM
Recycle & Save With Our Trade Up Program
We are pleased to offer a trade up program allowing you to trade in your current bike for a new one. We encourage you to bring your bike into our shop anytime to begin the process.
THINGS TO KNOW
- In Basin’s assessment, the bike must be re-sellable (or easily fixed)
- Buy back bikes will undergo a 48-hour assessment period so that we can evaluate the condition of the bike and research re-sell estimates
- Assessments will include the current condition of the bike as well as the parts/labor required to make the bike safe and rideable.
- The customer is responsible for costs incurred to fix the bike for re-sell.
- You can expect any trade-in to be around 50% of the current market value.
- This will depend on things like condition, labor or upgrades, and age of the bike.
- We have the right to refuse any bike offered in trade.
We are proud to carry some of the best biking brands in the world in store and online. We are an authorized dealer for the following bike brands: Norco, Pivot, Specialized and Intense. We are also proud to offer gear from brands like G-Form, FOX, Five Ten, 100%, Zoic and Troy Lee. Check out our full list of brands here.