The line between all-mountain skiing and freeride touring has been blurring for a while. You need a boot that’s ready to do both. Meet Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD. What makes it a game-changer is it’s a top performer in both arenas, not a compromise: it brings you the legendary feel, skiing power and all-mountain capability of Hawx with the epic natural movement of Backland. This 120 model has a slightly softer plastic construction and a more traditional liner construction than the top 130 model. All mountains, one boot!
Atomic Hawx Ultra XTD 120 Features:
- Prolite: Prolite is a way of building skis and boots that turns traditional thinking on its head. Instead of starting with a standard construction and cutting material away to save weight, Prolite does the opposite. It starts with the slimmest possible profile and then it builds up reinforcements in key areas where strength is needed – like the Energy Backbone down each boot spine and ski edge.
- Energy Backbone: The Energy Backbone is a reinforced, asymmetric backbone in our Hawx Ultra and Hawx Ultra XTD, providing extra strength for powerful skiing plus enhanced lateral energy transmission for better edge grip.
- Frictionless Pivot: Igus polymer bushings provide a completely natural movement for effortless ascents.
- Memory Fit: The Hawx range (Hawx Ultra, Ultra XTD, Prime and Magna) features our special Memory Fit 3D liner. This includes pre-shaped heel and ankle areas for an even better first fit and no hotspots – even after a hard day on the mountain.
- Memory Fit 3D
- True Flex: It’s common to hear that boots stiffen up when it gets cold, or become softer in warm conditions. True Flex is an exclusive Atomic shell material that means your flex and feel remains constant in a variety of temperatures. So the boot you buy in store feels the same on the mountain, you don’t lose horsepower in the spring and you don’t have a boot you can’t flex mid-winter.
- Legendary Hawx Feel
- Regular Cuff
- 3M™ Thinsulate™
- 50mm Cam Strap
- 7000-Series Alu Buckle
- 15°-17° Forward Lean
- 3° Shell Rotation