Likely the most anticipated binding of 2019 when news of the Atomic Shift MNC Alpine Touring Ski Bindings struck the ski industry like a bolt of lightning. A totally new concept developed from scratch by skier Cody Townsend and binding designer Benoit Sublet. The Shift toe piece changes from a low profile conventional toe in ski mode to a fully “pinned” tech toe for skinning. The binding feels like a lighter, lower Warden 13 going downhill, then lets you engage your tech-toed boot to smoothly skin uphill. With a weight of 865 grams per binding, the Shift is a remarkable advance in both skiing and touring performance relative to frame AT bindings. A very viable choice for those who want to ski lift-served terrain and true backcountry on a single setup.
Atomic Shift Features:
- Dual Mode Toepiece – MNC (Multi-Norm Certified) for skiing, including WTR soles. Converts to a tech toe for touring (requires a boot with tech toe fittings).
- XL Wings – Long wings for a great envelopment of the boots.
- Toe Height Adjustable – Adjustable toe height to let you switch between different boot norms.
- Lateral Elasticity – 47mm
- Easy Step-In – Less effort needed to step-in and out of bindings.
- Freeski Brakes – Self-retracting brakes adapted to modern skis and practices. Eliminates hang ups on switch landings. Brakes are interchangeable with STH2 and Warden 13 models.
- Tour Mode
- Hike and Ride Switch – A switch lever to shift between hike and ski mode.
- Climbing Aids – 2° & 10°
- Multi Norm Compatibile (MNC) – Compatible with all adult boot sole types, including ISO 5355 Alpine, ISO 9523 Touring, WTR (Walk to Ride) and GripWalk.