The Continental Der Baron Folding MTB Tire is the optimal choice for riders who like to go downhill. The tire offers exceptional rolling performance mixed with superb traction thank to their BlackChili Compound Technologies. The Black Chili compound is a high-quality rubber that extends tire longevity as well as traction and grip. Blend that with ProTection causing and reinforcing Apex sidewall and you’ve got a beefy tire that can handle some of the toughest terrain thrown at it.
Continental Der Baron Features:
- Compound: BlackChili
- Technology: ProTection Apex
- Use: Gravity Enduro, Aggressive Trail, Downhill
- Terrain: Dry, Loose, Wet, All-round
- Casing: 4/240
- Recommended Inflation Pressure: 45 psi
- Max. Inflation Pressure: 58 psi
- Bead: Folding
- Weight: 940g (27.5 x 2.4″)
- BlackChili Compound: This tyre compound sits at the highest level of MTB rubber tyre compounds. Featuring the perfect balance between speed, grip and lifespan while far exceeding what other brands and models on the market can offer in terms of performance.
- ProTection: This technology is the ultimate combination of smooth rolling performance, grip and puncture protection, and has been optimised to ensure it is the best available. Featuring an additional all-around puncture protection layer, from bead to bead. It is exceptionally durable and non-reactive to terrain damage, it just keeps rolling and rolling through whatever is desired and does not falter in performance no matter how demanding the trail becomes.
- Apex: This technology provides an additional rubber profile between the casing layers of the tyre, which ensures optimum stability and supreme protection over rough and rocky terrain. Apex sits on the sidewalls of the tyre and reinforces the entire side section of the tyre. This ensures the tyre stays upright during cornering, that it is protected from impact and that it always stays true and rolls effectively; it enables it to maintain its complete contact patch with the trail.