The Jones Flagship excels in technical terrain and is one the most confidence inspiring free ride boards on the planet. Featuring a directional rocker profile + Traction Tech 3.0 for unmatched edge grip on hard snow and a 3D Contour Base 3.0 for epic float in pow, the Flagship carves, stomps or straight lines with unbelievable precision.
We’ve completely redesigned the Jones Flagship for 2020 with a new shape plus all-new materials. The tapered shape sinks the tail in pow for better float and quicker turns, while the FSC Control Core, FSC Engineered Veneer Topsheet and Flax/Basalt Power Stringers add torsional response and reduce board chatter in rough snow. For improved sustainability the Flagship is built with Super Sap Bio Resin instead of standard petroleum-based epoxy.
Jones Flagship Snowboard Features:
- Blunt Nose: “How a board glides in powder, crust, corn or any snow more than an inch deep, is dictated by it’s front contact point and just past it. Next time you are in soft snow watch how much snow comes over the corner of the nose near the contact point. The billowing snow coming out from behind the tip means you are plowing through it which is obviously slowing you down. By adding a blunt nose you get the float benefits of a much longer nose without the ‘snow plow’ rounded tip and it’s extra swing weight. — Jeremy Jones”
- Progressive Sidecut: At the far ends of the sidecut, the radius is incrementally increased as the edge reaches the contact point. Gradually increasing the sidecut radius towards the contact point delivers smoother turn initiation and exit as the edge tracks in and out of the snow with a less abrupt transition.
- Traction Tech 3.0: Traction Tech 3.0 features three bumps per edge (front binding, board center, back binding). The middle bump is slightly bigger than the outside bumps for better grip.
- Tapered shape, 12.5mm: The tapered shape sinks the tail in pow for better float and quicker turns.
- Stiffness: 8/10 – Precise
- Directional Rocker: A hybrid rocker/camber flex pattern defined by more tip rocker then tail rocker and camber between the bindings. The rockered tip floats the board’s nose and improves maneuverability while the camber underfoot provides edge hold and response. A slightly rockered tail maintains the power and stability of a traditional board but helps keep the tail catch-free initiating turns and landing switch.
- 3D Contour Base 3.0: Freeride focused 3D-base contours featuring an even balance of 7mm of spoon bevel in the nose and 7mm of spoon bevel in the tail. Spoon bevel starts at the rocker point.
- Flip Flop Base: Producing two or more base color options minimizes p-tex waste. Order may be filled with either color. Color does not vary by size.
- Sintered 9900: Made from Ultra-High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (UHMW-PE) and Carbon. This ultra-fast base is easy to repair thanks to the UHMW-PE.
- Wend Natural Wax: Jones boards are ready to shred straight out of the shop and are factory waxed with WEND natural wax.
- Triax Fiberglass: Multi-axis, stitched fiberglass laminate that offers a precise and responsive ride in any terrain or snow conditions.
- Factory Tuned: All Jones Snowboards are factory de-tuned at the tip and tail so you can go right from the shop to the mountain.
- Recycled ABS Sidewalls: ABS Plastic is one of the necessary evils of snowboard production. We improve the sustainability of our snowboards by using only recycled plastic.
- Oversized Recycled Edges: All Jones boards are made with oversized recycled steel edges for added durability and improved production sustainability.
- Sustainable Flax/ Basalt Power Stringers: New Jones exclusive sustainable stringer made with 100% natural fibers. Composite Flax and Basalt stringers help transfer power to the edges, improves torsional response and absorbs board chatter.
- Super Sap Bio Resin: All Jones boards are now built with bio-based, renewable epoxy instead of petroleum based epoxy. The raw materials used to make Super Sap Bio-Resin are co-products or waste products of other plant-based industrial processes. Producing Super Sap requires 33% less greenhouse gas emissions than conventional epoxy.
- FSC Engineered Veneer: New composite wood veneer topsheets made from 100% FSC certified wood. Wood veneer topsheets dampen ride and absorb board chatter.
- FSC Control Core: Dual-density full premium wood core featuring a 2:1 paulownia to poplar stringer ratio that keeps core light but ultra damp.