The classic Look Pivot 12 AW Ski Bindings are the go-to choice of committed skiers worldwide, and known for their reliability and consistency of release. Look s elasticity is the best in the business, the turntable heel offers bombproof lateral security, and the shortened mounting pattern lets the ski flex as freely as possible. The Pivot 12 is identical to the Pivot 14 except for spring weight, so if you don’t need the extra DIN you’ll get the same performance with a bit less weight by buying the Pivot 12.
Pivot 12 Features:
- Toe Piece: Full Action Toe – Featuring 45mm of elastic travel and 180⁰ multi-directional release, the Full Action toe piece delivers best-in-class retention and release and increased coupling strength (boot-to-binding interface) for maximum power transmission.
- 180˚ Multi-Directional Release – A true mechanical upward release that functions independently from the heel for the most effective multi-directional protection in the case of a fall.
- Dual Standard Concept – Look strategically reinforced the toe housing, increased the toe ramp, elongated the toe-wings, and created a toe that is compatible with ISO 5355 Alpine soles, WTR (Walk-to-Ride) rockered soles and GripWalk soles.
- Heel Piece: Turntable Heel – Look’s unique turntable design rotates directly under the tibia for reduced risk of injury and provides 28mm of elastic travel to deliver unmatched shock absorption for significant reduction of pre-release.
- Long Elasticity – 28mm of elasticity in the heel (the most of any binding on the market) yields a reduction in unwanted pre-releasing.
- Additional Features: Smaller Mounting Zone – The shortest mounting zone of any alpine binding available provides less swing weight, improved response, and a deeper, rounder, more consistent ski flex.
- 7 Points of Contact – More points-of-contact with the boot results in increased lateral energy transmission, drives more power to the edge of the ski and provides superior control, response, and snow feel.