The NEW 2021 Nordica Santa Ana 98 is the newest interpretation of what the Santa Ana 100 once was. The Santa Ana 98 takes construction and technology points from the Enforcer 94 line and incorporates it into a women’s package. A new build, shape and profile, the Santa Ana 98 is refined yet stronger with a performance wood core that offers more stability and stiffness on a variety of terrain. On the groomers the 100 use to feel a bit sluggish, whereas the 98 is snappy and precise. On top of your core is what Nordica is referring to as a Terrain Specific Metal Laminate. This metal provides the same stability and stiffness you’d expect- but reduces the overall weight of the ski. The all mountain rocker profile is pretty much unchanged, minus the 2mm difference edge to edge. Nordica decided to do this because it helped the ski perform better in east coast conditions. All in all, the 2021 Nordica Santa Ana 98 is the ski you’ll remember- with similar features of it’s predecessor the 100, yet it’s lighter, snappier and all around a better performing ski.
2021 Nordica Santa Ana 98 Features:
- All Mountain Rocker Profile – Smooth rocker at both tip and tail with camber underfoot provides balanced performance anywhere on the mountain.
- Carbon Reinforced Chassis: Nordica’s new carbon reinforced chassis weighs about 35% less than traditional glass. Full length carbon strips not only reduce weight, they also increase the ski’s strength and stability. The result is a stronger, lighter, more stable ski that’s also more playful and versatile.
- True Tip Technology: By trimming the amount of heavy ABS plastic in the tip and extending the lightweight wood core into this area with a tapered shape that further reduces weight, Nordica increase the playfulness and maneuverability while maintaining the classic powerful and stable feel.
- Energy TI Balsa: Race inspired technology full wood core with a sheet of metal for top end power transmission, torsional stability, and edge grip.
- Terrain Specific Metal Laminate: The size and shape of the Titanal layer is specifically engineered for each ski width, providing stability where you need it and flexibility where you want it.
- Skier Type: Expert To Advanced
- Bindings Included: NO
- Warranty: 1 Year