The Patagonia Black Hole Wheeled Duffel is a burly, legal airline carry-on duffel. Tough and highly weather-resistant, this durable bag protects your gear from the scuffs and scrapes of wayward journeys. Its zippered U-shaped lid—with two zippered internal mesh pockets on the underside to keep small items organized—offers quick and easy access to the main compartment. A zippered exterior pocket provides a secure and handy spot for your boarding pass, energy bar or paperback. The sturdy frame sheet protects the duffel from baggage-handler abuse and keeps your Black Hole upright, even when it’s loaded to the max. Oversized wheels deliver a smooth ride, whether you’re crossing the tarmac or traversing a cobblestone street. Carrying options include the main webbing handles (with snap closure), a two-position telescoping handle and the two haul loops on either end. You can lash additional gear to the outside with the four corner-mounted daisy chains. Made from 14-oz 900-denier 100% postconsumer recycled polyester ripstop (22% solution-dyed) with a TPU-film laminate and lined with 3.3-oz 200-denier 100% recycled polyester with a polyurethane coating. Both fabrics have a DWR (durable water repellent) finish.
Patagonia Black Hole Wheeled Duffle 40L Features:
- Burly recycled polyester ripstop with highly weather-resistant TPU-film laminate and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish
- Large opening to main compartment; zippered external side pocket and mesh pockets in lid for smaller items
- Reinforced haul handles
- Stout wheelset makes for smooth, comfortable travel
- Internal compression
- 3,180 g (7 lbs 0.2 oz)
- Body: 14-oz 900-denier 100% postconsumer recycled polyester ripstop (22% solution-dyed) with a TPU-film laminate.
- Lining: 3.3-oz 200-denier 100% recycled polyester with a polyurethane coating.
- Both with a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. DWR (durable water repellent) fabric finish repels light rain and snow and decreases dry times. When DWR is used in conjunction with a waterproof/breathable barrier, the DWR finish keeps the outer fabric from becoming saturated so that the breathable barrier can do its job.
- Body fabric is certified as bluesign® approved: Patagonia has worked with bluesign technologies since 2000 to evaluate and reduce resource consumption in our materials supply chain, and to assist us with managing the chemicals, dyes and finishes used in the process. bluesign technologies, based in Switzerland, works at each step in the textile supply chain to approve chemicals, processes, materials, and products that are safe for the environment, safe for workers, and safe for the end customers. In 2007, Patagonia became the first brand to officially join the network of bluesign® system partners. Any fabric you see that’s bluesign® approved offers the highest level of consumer safety by employing methods and materials in their manufacture that conserve resources and minimize impacts on people and the environment.
- 3,180 g (7 lbs 0.2 oz)
- 6″ x 14″ x 9.5″
- 40L (2,441 cu in)