Your little one might love to ride, but that doesn’t mean they’ll be doing Trans-Provence this summer. That’s why Specialized made the Specialized Hotrock 24 with plenty of gear range to tackle the neighborhood hills, and enough front end travel to ride beginner’s trails confidently.
Of course, it also features a lightweight, yet durable, A1 Premium Aluminum frame that’s designed to take a hit while they find their legs on the pump track. Chatter and bumps, meanwhile, are handled by the coil-sprung SR Suntour fork’s 50mm of travel.
Then there are a whole host of other components that are plenty tough enough to stand up to your little ripper, so you can rest assured that you’ll be spending more time riding with your kid and less time waiting in line at the repair counter.
Specialized Hotrock 24” Features:
- Tough, light, and durable, the A1 Premium Aluminum frame is built to stand up to years of tough riding.
- SR Suntour suspension fork offers 50mm of coil-sprung travel that smooths out bumpy, rough terrain.
- The 8-speed Shimano Tourney shifts smoothly and is tough enough for abuse.
- FRAME: Specialized A1 Premium Aluminum, single-butted, unisex frame, replaceable derailleur hanger
- FORK: SR Suntour XCT-JR, coil spring w/ preload adjust, 50mm of travel, 1-1/8″ steerer, quick-release, V-brake and post mount disc compatible
- FRONT HUB: Alloy, loose ball bearings, bolt type, 32h
- REAR HUB: Alloy, 8-speed freehub, loose ball bearings, bolt type, 32h
- SPOKES: Stainless, 14
- RIMS: 24″, single wall aluminum, 32h
- INNER TUBES: Schrader valve
- FRONT TIRE: Specialized Renegade, 24×2.1″, 26 TPI, wire bead
- REAR TIRE: Specialized Renegade, 24×2.1″, 26 TPI, wire bead
- CRANKSET: Forged alloy, square taper, 152mm w/ chainguard
- CHAINRINGS: 34T
- BOTTOM BRACKET: BSA, square taper, E-type
- SHIFT LEVERS: Shimano Tourney, Revo, 8-speed
- REAR DERAILLEUR: Shimano Tourney TX, 8-speed
- CASSETTE: Sunrace, 8-speed, 11-34t
- CHAIN: KMC HV500
- FRONT BRAKE: V-brake, alloy, linear pull, tool-less reach adjust brake lever
- REAR BRAKE: V-brake w/ tool-less reach adjust brake lever
- HANDLEBARS: 60mm, 5-degree backsweep, 25.4mm
- GRIPS: Specialized, slip-on
- STEM: 20-degree rise, 25.4mm
- SADDLE: Specialized Kids
- SEATPOST: Alloy, single bolt, 15mm offset, 27.2mm
- SEAT BINDER: Bolt type, alloy, 31.8mm
- PEDALS: Nylon platform w/ reflectors