Who Are We?
Rooted in the Mountains of Vermont, True Wheels Bike Shop was born within Basin Sports. One of the original bike shops in Killington, True Wheels has been around awhile, 1998 to be exact. Since then the mountain has grown, the sport of cycling has grown and True Wheels has grown. We’re a small group of dedicated cyclists looking to share our passion for the road and the trail with others.
We’re a full service, year round bike shop with a full fleet of Specialized and Santa Cruz bikes available for demo. If you like it you can buy it to. Buy one new that is, everything we rent out is available for purchase in store. We’ve also just expanded our clothing line to embody more styles of cycling.
What We Offer:
- Year Round Service
- Road, Mountain and Downhill Rentals
- A large inventory of parts, accessories and apparel
- A Staff that loves to ride bikes.
We're More Than Just A Bike Shop...
We’re A Community Of Outdoor Adventurers
We Give Back To The Trails We Enjoy So Much
We Share Our Moments With Others
But Most Importantly, We Work Together For A Bigger Goal
Mountain Bike Trail Networks In The Area
Killington Resort Mountain Bike Park
Pine Hill Park (Rutland, Vermont)
Green Mountain Trails (Pittsford, Vermont)
Road Rides In The Area
Upcoming Cycling Events
Bike Park (Projected Opening Day)
Projected opening day for the Killington Bike Park and the start to lift served mountain biking season.
Bike & Brew Festival + Bike Swap
Join Us and the the Killington Community for a weekend of bikes and beers. Like the winter test fest the Bike & Brew is a festival where you can test bikes, buy bikes and drink good craft beer.
Start driving to the NEK for the annual NEMBA fest. Full of bikes, bikes and more bikes in one of the best places to ride in the east.
For the roadies who love a good cause. Choose from 10,60 and 100 miles routes to benefit the Vermont Ski & Snowboard Adaptive Program.
Dirty Girl Mud Run
Dirty Girl is an obstacle course run for women of all ages and athletic abilities.
KPCA Wine Festival
One of the Killington Region’s signature events, this year’s Wine Festival toasts 16 years of tasting events in the heart of the Green Mountains.
The Vermont Mountain Bike Association Bike Fest hosted by Sugarbush resort is an event you won’t want to miss. In the heart of the Green Mountains this bike festival brings cyclists from all over together.
Beast of the East Pro GRT
Top mountain bikers from around the world will be competing in the USA Cycling Pro Gravity downhill event at the Killington Bike Park.
KBC Race to The Peak
The 3rd Annual Killington Boot Camp Race to the Peak is a challenging & fun 5K.
Vittoria Eastern States Cup Series Finale
The final stage of the Eastern States Cup Enduro Series.
Bikes Available For Rental or Demo
Bike Rental Request Form
Common Bike Rental Questions
Do I need a helmet to rent a bike?
- Vermont State Law does not require you to wear a helmet while riding bikes on the roads. If you plan to ride at Killington Resort your are required to wear a helmet. Helmets are included in rentals but you are welcome to use your own if you’d like.
Why do you take an imprint of my credit card?
- We imprint credit cards a security deposit against the bike while it’s in your possession. By signing this form and renting from True Wheels Bike Shop you are acknowledging that it’s your responsibility to take care of the bike while in your possession. This includes, damage, theft or loss.
How far in advance should I make a rental reservation?
- We recommend at least 48 hours. Any less and we will not guarantee availability. If a bike has already been reserved we will call you and give you the heads up.
When can I pick-up the bike or drop off my bike rental?
- If the bike was not rented the day before you can pick up any time after lifts close the day before your rental. We close 45 minutes after lifts close. Add to your reservation notes if this is something you’d like to do. Bikes must be returned the same day. For Example, A one day rental means you have to return the bike the same day you pick-up.
What If I’m unsure about what size to rent?
- If unsure you can estimate where you think you’d land and if we think the fit will be bad will call you and suggest a different size.
Why Don’t You Offer Large and Extra Large Downhill Bike Rentals?
- Downhill bikes unlike trail bikes aren’t built on similar frame designs. Downhill Bikes like the V10 and Demo 8 have long slopping top tubes and Race Geometry. Long is the next step up above medium because main componentry hasn’t gotten longer but certain parts have been stretched to adjust for a larger rider. For more info on modern frame geometry read this article.
I Ride a Medium Trail Bike, Should I be on a Medium Downhill Bike?
- No, we recommend sizing up on your Downhill bike. If you ride a medium trail bike, reserve a long downhill bike.
To Rent Any Equipment You Must:
- Present a valid form of Photo ID; (to be recorded by True Wheels Bike Shop).
- Be 18 years-old or older, or accompanied by an adult.
- Submit a form for each individual renter.
Bike Rental Policy
When reserving your bike, please provide rider height, weight and pedal preference (Flat, SPD, or bringing your own). Helmets are required for each rental. We will provide a helmet for a rider that does not have one. Reserved bikes must be picked up by 12am unless otherwise noted. Failure to notify of late pick up will result in the bike being taken off reservation list. Bike rentals must be returned by end of day in rental period, late return will result in $15 extension fee and must be returned within 30 minutes of opening the following day.
Lost or Stolen Equipment:
The renter will be charged the full retail value for any rental equipment that is not returned due to loss or theft.
Email Us If You Have Additional Questions:
Bike Rental Pricing:
Specialized Dolce Evo $55 A Day
- Drop Bar Road Bike For Women
- Can handle short and long distance road rides
Specialized Diverge Elite $55 A Day
- Drop Bar Road Bike For Men
- Can handle short and long distance road rides
Trail Bike Options:
Santa Cruz 5010 Alloy $85
Santa Cruz Bronson Alloy $85
Juliana Furtado Carbon $85
Specialized Enduro FSR Comp $85
- Full Suspension Trail Bike
- 6 Inches of Travel
- 650B Wheels
- Specialized Parts with SRAM entry level componentry
- Dropper Post
Santa Cruz V10 Available in Long and Extra Long $105
- Ever wonder what it felt like to ride a winning world cup mountain bike?
- The V10 offers a race frame build made of carbon
- 8 inch suspension
- 7 Speed SRAM Components
- This bike is built to go fast!
Specialized Demo 8 $95
- The Full “affordable” Downhill experience
- 8 Inches of travel on a dual crown fork
- Alloy frame
- Specialized parts with SRAM 10-speed Components
Kids Bike Rentals:
Specialized Status Grom $65
- Kids Mountain Bike
- Full Suspension
- 24″ Wheels (One Size Fits All)
- 130mm of Travel (5 Inches)
Cross Country/Trail Helmet Rental $10
- Included with purchase of a daily rental
Full Face Helmet Rental $15
Knee or Elbow Rental $10
Knee and Elbow Rental $15
Road, Mountain, Downhill
Even unicycles, we service everything that has wheels to get you back on trail or down the road. We are a small shop offering a hands on personal approach to bike service and tuning. See our rates below.
Hourly Rate $60
Safety Check $25
- Kids, BMX $35
- Mtn, Road $55
- Premium rate may apply to recumbent/tandem
- $90(Does not vary based on bike)
- Mountain, Road $175
- *Includes pivots pulled apart & cleaned, does not include pivot bearing pull and repress
Cables and Housing
- Both Brake $23
- Both Shift $23
- Complete Cable Set $36
- Wheel Build (Mechanic chooses pricing)
- Adjust Hub $10-$20
- Front Hub Overhaul $13-$20
- Rear Hub Overhaul $18-$25
- Wheel True $12-$25
- Flat Repair/Tube Replacement $4-$10
- Tire $6 *Bolt On +$2
- Tubeless Conversion $12
- Spoke $18-$25
- Adjustment $8-$12 Per Wheel
- Brake Bleed $25 Includes Fluid
- Brake Cable Install $13
- Housing + $3
- Additional Brake Cable + $10
- Brake Pad $10-$15 Per Wheel
Fork + Rear Shock Service (Not Including Parts)
- Fork overhaul Seals+ Oil $55
- Rear Shock air seals service $35
- Rear shock DU bushing replacement $8 Per Bushing
Frame + Pivot Service
- Suspension Bearing overhaul/ replacement $40+
- Estimate provided upon arrival
- Bike Build from Box $30-$75
- Additional services will be charged appropriately
- Box Bike $50
- Shipping not included
- Pro Build from Parts $115-$125+
- Prices subject to change depending on condition of parts and frame
*TWBS reserves the right to refuse any frame service
- Chasing $35
- Facing $35
- Heli-Coil $50
- Drivetrain Clean $15-$50
- Drivetrain Adjustments $13-$25
- Chain $10
- Chainring $15
- Canopy $18
- Cassette $8
- Crank $10
- w/ BB Install +$7
- Replace Der Hanger $12
- Derailleur $18
- Shift Cable & Housing $13
Headset, Bottom Bracket
- Headset OH $13-$15
- BB OH $25-$35
- Headset $15-$30
- Bottom Bracket $15-$20
- Bearing Replace $20
Cockpit & Fork
- Install Fork $25 Includes Race set, Star-nut set and Steerer Cut
- Star-nut not included
- Steering Cut $8-$25
- Handlebar Tape $13
- Shifter $15-$25
- Computer $10-$20
- N/C for computers purchased at TWBS
- Handlebar $20-$35