RIDING IN KILLINGTON SINCE 1998
We’ve been passionate about cycling since 1998. True Wheels Bike Shop was founded within Basin Ski, Ride & Bike as one of the original Killington bike stores. We’ve been building a community of cyclists in the Killington area ever since! Our shop is an active member of the Vermont Mountain Bike Association and loves to be involved in our community through charities, demo days and other events. Simply our business revolves around our community.
Today, we are proud to be the “bike” in Basin Ski, Ride & Bike’s name. Our shop has continued to grow and we are able to service and work with you on your bike needs 7 days a week 365 days a year. Our staff LOVES bikes and we are always available to share our passion with you. In recent years, we have been able to be a major part of the growth in Killington’s biking scene. We are excited about the growth of Killington Resort’s trail system and continue to invest in our own communities trails. We have found ourselves in a unique position as a bike shop that is large enough to have the parts and bikes you need while still holding true to our community first roots.
True Wheels Bike Shop is open 7 days a week, 365 days a year. Located within Basin Ski, Ride & Bike we are able to offer the following services year round:
– Road, Mountain, Downhill & E-Bike service & repairs
– Road, Mountain & Downhill Rentals
– A fully stocked bike parts, accessories, clothing, helmets, and protection selection
– A staff that LOVES to ride and answer any questions you may have
SERVICE YOUR BIKE WITH US
True Wheels Bike Shop in Killington, Vermont has a top notch service center capable of building or repairing your road, mountain, or downhill bike. Our experienced team is able to assess and repair quickly most problems in a timely manor. We guarantee that your time with our service team will be helpful, simple and pressure free. We know how important it is to make sure your bike is taken care of correctly and take great pride in servicing all bikes that come to us in a world class manor.
OUR SERVICE PROMISE
We promise to always be up front with you about cost and time it will take to service your equipment. We are cyclists too and will treat you the way that we would want to be treated. We promise to work with you to solve your problem in a timely fashion and we promise that your experience working with us will be simple and as quick as possible.
Regular service of your bike will allow you to keep riding for years to come. We service all bikes, including kids sized bikes. We offer three tiers of service to fit your needs and budget.
True Wheels mechanics hourly rate is $65 per hour.
Service work pricing is based on specific needs. The shop carries a variety of bike components which our mechanics can help you choose from in the instance where you need to replace parts on your bike. Parts will be charged in addition to the service fees.
FREQUENTLY REQUESTED SERVICES
– Bike Boxing
– Wheel Build
– Wheel True
– Dropper Seat Post Service
– Rim Brake Adjustment
– Brake Bleed (includes fluid)
– Chain Install
– Tube and Tire Install
– Tubeless Tire Conversion
OTHER SPECIALITY SERVICES
Pricing for specialty services will vary based on model of the bike/component. Please speak with one of our mechanics in person or give us a call at 802-422-3234 for more information. Specialty services we offer include:
– Drive Train Cleaning / Adjustments
– Fork Install / Replacement
– Steering Cut
– Fork Service
– Shock Service
– Shock Bushing Replacement
– Hub Adjustment
– Hub Overhaul
– Suspension Bearing Overhaul
– Frame Chasing
– Frame Facing
– Headset Overhaul
– Headset Install/Replacement
– Bottom Bracket Install/ Replacement
– Chainring Install / Replacement
– Cassette Install / Replacement
– Crank Install / Replacement
– Derailleur Install / Replacement
– Derailleur Hanger Install / Replacement
– Brake Cable Replacement
– Brake Pad Replacement
– Shifter Cable Replacement
COMMUNITY IS WHAT WE’RE BUILT ON
The Basin & True Wheels cycling community has been growing and evolving since our inception in 1998. Community is a foundation of what makes our shop special and it is the most important part of what it means to be a bike shop. We are proud to sponsor multiple organizations that make cycling more accessible to all. We are also extremely proud of our team’s involvement in community rides, demo days and other outreach programs. We would love for you to be a part of our next adventure. Make sure to follow us on Facebook and Instagram for all of the up to date information about our community projects.
We are proud partners with the following organizations:
Spring & Summer events will be shared shortly!
NEARBY MOUNTIAN BIKING TRAIL NETWORKS
The Killington area is home to many world class mountain biking trails. We are proud to be able to be located right in the middle of them all. Check out a few of our local trails.
Killington Resort Mountain Bike Park
Pine Hill Park (Rutland, Vermont)
Green Mountain Trails (Pittsford, Vermont)
Due to supply shortages from COVID-19 our shop has limited stock of new bikes for sale. At this time we are unable to ship any new bike and are only taking orders in store or over the phone for new bikes. We encourage you to give us a call at 802-422-3234 for current supply of bikes we have on hand.
Thank you so much for your understanding as we all navigate this parts shortage together.
RECYCLE AND SAVE WITH OUR TRADE UP PROGRAM
We are pleased to offer a trade up program allowing you to trade in your current bike for a new one. We encourage you to bring your bike into our shop anytime to begin the process.
THINGS TO KNOW
– In Basin’s assessment, the bike must be re-sellable (or easily fixed)
– Buy back bikes will undergo a 48-hour assessment period so that we can evaluate the condition of the bike and research re-sell estimates
– Assessments will include the current condition of the bike as well as the parts/labor required to make the bike safe and rideable.
– The customer is responsible for costs incurred to fix the bike for re-sell.
– You can expect any trade-in to be around 50% of the current market value.
– This will depend on things like condition, labor or upgrades, and age of the bike.
– We have the right to refuse any bike offered in trade.